The purpose of this blog is purely educational. It does not advise any reader to forgo medical treatment for any condition. It describes methods that have not yet been proven effective through widespread scientific testing. Readers who are concerned about their health are advised to contact their physician.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Censored by the mainstream

Yesterday I noticed a few hits on my blog from a discussion group at lymphoma.com. Out of curiosity I clicked on the link and found that someone had posted a link to my post "Open Letter to Oncologists" and asked "What do you think?" Another member named Anjou promptly replied "sounds like a duck--quack quack".

I responded to this very politely, suggesting that the poster was being prematurely dismissive. A discussion ensued, which the poster began by adding "squawks like a duck too". She then accused me of marketing. I had no intention of marketing; I only joined the discussion because of her attitude. In the end I provided them with a list of links which had nothing to do with this blog (or me marketing it), but with providing information that the readers of lymphoma.com could have benefited from -- links to Anita Moorjani's book Dying to be me, Leigh Fortson's book Embrace, Release, Heal, Dr. Bengston's SSE talks on Youtube, and Dr. Claude Swanson's Youtube interview. Anita Moorjani and Leigh Fortson are both cancer survivors, Anita in particular a lymphoma survivor. One might think that the participants of a discussion group on lymphoma might be interested in what they had to say.

All of this was deleted by the Moderators, because God forbid that the readers of lymphoma.com should find out about anything other than the standard medical treatments. And Anjou thanked them. And then I received the following message from lymphoma.com:
You have been banned for the following reason: Insulting behavior - posting outside forum rules.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

3 comments:

Susan said...

It's disappointing and infuriating, but the information you posted will have been received and acted upon by some readers before it was pulled. All we can do is to trust that, ultimately, each of us will recognise the truth at the right moment.

Great blog - please keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

Did someone hold up a mirror? The act of having been deleted speaks louder than anything, does it not?

Judith said...

@Anonymous, I would say that the experience of most cancer patients in the current system is a kind of "being deleted", in that they are viewed more as a disease than as human beings. It's quite sad. In my view what is needed is more compassion, not less; more openness, not less; more hope, not less.